Hacktoberfest® is open to everyone in our global community. Whether you’re a developer, student learning to code, event host, or company of any size, you can help drive growth of open source and make positive contributions to an ever-growing community.
1. Welcome & Introductions/ PIZZA
2. Introduction to Hacktoberfest
What is Hacktoberfest
- What are the Prizes of Hacktoberfest
- Instructions for Hacktoberfest
3. Introduction to Open Source Development
- Introduction to Open Source Development
- Finding Open Source Projects on Github
- Hacktoberfest Projects
4. Getting Technical with Open Source Development
- Signing up for Github
- Using Git Commands
- Understanding the Github Flow
5. Hack Time
- Assisting Participants
Inspired by you – the community – through your actions and stories.
● Everyone is welcome! Hacktoberfest participants have represented 151 countries and thousands of unique skill sets. Our program welcomes everyone already in the open source software community – and anyone interested in diving in.
● Quantity is fun, quality is key! Participating in Hacktoberfest leads to personal growth, professional opportunities, and community building. And it all begins with meaningful contributions to open source technology.
● Short-term actions, long-term impact! In the open source community, we stand on the shoulders of those who came before us. Your participation has a lasting effect on people and technology long after October comes to an end. This is a voyage, not a race.